Started Feb 18, 2013 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
photoramone
Junior MemberPosts: 30Gear list
Like?
Pentax, still great cameras and very good GLASS
Feb 18, 2013

The most bang for my buck!! When you consider that it was Asahi-Pentax that first developed the SLR-TTL format, it surprizes, that the camera is so frequently relagated to that back of the line designation. A few months back, I bought a K-01 and was not ecstatic about it. though the features were FINE, the mirror-less/ smaller ? camera I was shooting for just wasn't THERE. after a few new lenses for same, I thought what ta hell, K5 looks fantastic.....And it is. When the K5 came out in 2010 it was worth it at 1600, But adorama still has some new ones in the box now for less than 750... I've never had a better camera, and my Canon eos is taking a rest these days... RJM PhotoRamone

photoramone's gear list:photoramone's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-01 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 12-24mm F4.0 ED AL (IF) Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED +16 more
photoramone's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
unrated
Action / sports
unrated
Landscapes / scenery
excellent
Portraits
great
Low light (without flash)
unrated
Flash photography (social)
unrated
Studio / still life
excellent
= community average
Pentax K-01 Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow