New Canon on 22nd March?

Started Mar 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
Steve Balcombe
Forum ProPosts: 10,610
Like?
Re: Nevermind
In reply to howardroark, Mar 15, 2013

howardroark wrote:

I don't see a 70D going back to a 50D-esque body because that would up the price point closer to the 7DMarkII. However, IF the 7DMarkII's price point goes up also that would make room for a more robust 70D body. In order for that to happen the 7DMarkII would have to either have a different sensor than the 70D OR it would have to be the rumored mini-1D X. With a 6D and 5DMarkIII out that don't include vertical grip it seems unlikely anything below the 1D line would include this feature.

The 7DII can be a mini-1Dx in performance (especially AF performance) without a vertical grip. That's what I would ideally like to see - basically what I have now in the 7D but brought fully up to date as the flagship 1.6x crop DSLR for 2013-2016. The last thing I want is a bigger, heavier body.

A crop DSLR with a grip wouldn't spiritually be a 7D, but it could be a 9D I guess. Now there's a thought to strike fear into the hearts of all 7D owners - a step back down to a 70D vs a step up to the 9D which is virtually a 1Dx with a crop sensor. The devil and the deep blue sea...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow