hands-on review of the D7100

Started Mar 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
mistermejia
Senior MemberPosts: 2,373Gear list
Like?
Reminder on that new LCD
In reply to creaDVty, Mar 15, 2013

creaDVty wrote:

Got the D7100 yesterday. Had a chance to take some shots. Here is my partial review: http://betterfamilyphotos.blogspot.com/2013/03/nikon-d7100-hands-on-real-world-review.html

Some highlights:

The D7100 does have the option to change the effect of exposure compensation on flash exposure, just like the D4 and D600.

In live view, the OK button can be customized to zoom 100% instead of resetting the AF point.

Shadow recovery does show horizontal pattern noise at extreme settings >+3.5EV.

Comments and suggestions welcome.

Best regards,

Mic

-- hide signature --

www.BetterFamilyPhotos.com
TTL Flash Tutorial and over 400+ other articles for taking better candid and family photos.
http://betterfamilyphotos.blogspot.com/p/better-family-photos-index.html

That LCD looks VERY NICE! I know some of you don't have the LCD cover plastic protector on your other cameras and you are probably used to not having it on and you already know how to grab and protect your camera's LCD, but for the ones that are used to having the hard plastic cover on it WILL be something to get used to.

Specially if you happen to have a neck/shoulder black rapid strap or something else similar, just remember that our JEANS PANTS have that stupid little metal button or whatever is called, right where the camera hangs on the side, so be careful not to scratch or damage that LCD too fast.

creaDVty, also when you have a chance, would you confirm if the apperture can be adjusted in movie mode, i am pretty sure it does not from the info i got, but you never know what nikon did at the end.

Thank you.

mistermejia's gear list:mistermejia's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Rokinon 85mm F1.4 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow