Started Mar 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
quickly
Junior MemberPosts: 33
Like?
d600 sent in to Nikon for sensor dust - arrived with impact damage
Mar 15, 2013

Like many people, I've had the d600 sensor issue since purchasing the camera in December.  Since the notice by Nikon, I contacted Nikon and they instructed me to send the camera in for service.  I went to fedex, and I watched the fedex clerk pack the camera, I declared the value, and it was sent to Nikon.

I received the invoice from Nikon yesterday.  In addition to the sensor issue, the invoice indicated that the base of the camera had impact damage, although it is unclear what this represents.  I requested that Nikon send pictures of the damage yesterday morning and they promised them by the end of the day in two separate calls.  Then, today, I spoke with a supervisor who informed me that at least 24 to 48 hours was needed, making it likely that I'll receive the pictures on Monday.

I know that the base was pristine since before I sent the body off, I had to remove the tripod plate since that is how Nikon prefers to receive repairs (no accessories).  This means that the damage occurred either in transit or at Nikon.  Nikon says that they would not accept a damaged box, which is the only way that the fedex insurance would cover the damage (if then).  Obviously Nikon will deny that anything happened at the facility.

So I am left with a costly repair for damage that I know, without a doubt, occurred either in shipping or at Nikon.

Has anyone else dealt with this?

Beyond the time involved and having to pay for the shipping for what should probably be a recall at this point, the fact that I now have additional damage ($250) because of this is getting to my limit.

If anyone has any ideas please advise.  Any help greatly appreciated.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
NTNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow