Pentax Optio WG 2 gps accuracy of GPS vs Garmin vs Motion X lite iPhone app.

Started Mar 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Thomas Clabough
Forum MemberPosts: 56Gear list
Like?
Pentax Optio WG 2 gps accuracy of GPS vs Garmin vs Motion X lite iPhone app.
Mar 15, 2013

What GPS is the most accurate I ask myself!  I have a Garmin Nuvi for my car and a iPhone with the Motion X lite app and a Pentax Optio WG 2 that records GPS information. The problem is that they do not agree with each other. I like to import photo into iPhoto and view the places to see exactly where the photo was taken on the google maps. Soon to discover that the altitude at sea level read 39 meters. This is not true, so maybe the Pentax is not calibrated to sea level, right I think. Does Pentax have a firmware update available? I did notice the Pentax Optio WG 2 lens quality is marginal when telephoto is used.

See photo of the Motion X screen and the Garmin Nuvi taken with the Pentax Optio WG 2.

So I ask is there a way to calibrate this device?

The Garmin Nuvi reads 7,581 ft, the Motion X iPhone reads 7,418 ft. and the Pentax reads 7,593.8 ft.  What is the correct Altitude I ask myself.

Tom Clabough photographer 3-15-13

-- hide signature --

http://www.tomclabough.com Canon EOS1ds mk II Canon EOS 7D , Pentax Optio WG 2 gps.

Thomas Clabough's gear list:Thomas Clabough's gear list
Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow