New Canon on 22nd March?

Started Mar 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: 70D in trouble ???
In reply to jonrobertp, Mar 15, 2013

jonrobertp wrote:

Glad I'm not in business. ...just someone who enjoys a narrow part of what business makes...new crop slr cams...and like the horsepower race in the '60s, ...makes it fun to watch and buy the ones that seem best for me..and my wallet.

To carry that analogy a little further, reading these forums can sometimes be like watching a NASCAR crash occur at a couple hundred miles an hour.  Or maybe it's more like watching a train wreck, I don't know.

When I bought my 7D I almost never came to these forums.  I wasn't in a rush to find out how awesome it was mainly because it was pretty obvious that if it was even as awesome as the current technology would suggest, I was buying it.  There was a little more anticipation with the G1 X because it was a whole new system, so even if the sensor was just as great as the 18MP APS-C of the day I was still curious about AF and the lens and everything else.

I guess if I was still looking for a new camera I might be more critical of Canon out of shear frustration with not being able to buy a new camera today....I mean right now at this very second so I could start shooting with it immediately.  I can understand that kind of frustration after years of putting up with lousy image quality from every P&S I owned before the G1 X.  Now any improvement over what I have is gravy on an already amazing pile of mashed potatos....or icing on a cake....or a serene translucent lake.  Daaaaaaria! (Anybody get the Cake reference there?) 

Man, four shots of espresso gets the blood pumping.

howardroark's gear list:howardroark's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow