So... I finally come to a decision to go with the OM-D... Is there any big hand users out there?

Started Mar 13, 2013 | Questions thread
JamieTux
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,785Gear list
Like?
Re: So... I finally come to a decision to go with the OM-D... Is there any big hand users out there?
In reply to Randell Tober, Mar 15, 2013

Randell Tober wrote:

Thanks... So I understand that no manner which 4/3 I select, it will be trailing behind all dslr's in the auto focusing/tracking category? The size of the camera doesn’t make much of a difference to me. I’m going more for the IQ. Options and affordability vs. DSLR with $2k glass. I sometimes wonder if I’m making a mistake turning away from the dslr’s. Even though I can’t- won’t spend $2k on a lense again, maybe I should consider lesser options. Canon 2.8 glass spoiled me Thank God I didn’t try out the 2.0!

Thanks again to all- for all of the advice and… Very interesting, sometimes amusing and… but enjoying it all.

Correct, no m4/3 tracks in continuous AF as well as a decent dSLR does.

If it's purely IQ and size isn't an issue I'd strongly suggest you stay with dSLRs - for me the gap is close enough that I don't mind (and in some ways the OM-D exceeds my Canons that are now sold).  If you go for the f4 sets in CaNikon you'll get very good IQ without the price penalty of the f2.8s (and less weight too).

I guess the other question to ask is what type of photography you enjoy and what your style is?  I was out with a wedding photographer this week who switched to the Fuji X series then quickly switched back out when he realised that he couldn't get the DOF control that he was expecting and his photos were losing a bit of that personality.  He's gone back to a FF dSLR with 2 lenses and that's it!

JamieTux's gear list:JamieTux's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow