So... I finally come to a decision to go with the OM-D... Is there any big hand users out there?

Started Mar 13, 2013 | Questions thread
NZ Scott
Senior MemberPosts: 2,962Gear list
Like?
Re: It sounds like you are better off with a dslr.
In reply to Randell Tober, Mar 15, 2013

Randell Tober wrote:

Hi,

The post was in response to comments regarding my interest in 4/3’s being misguided- off course. For whatever reason came to the conclusion that 4/3 was the future and the impression that quality and price- within reason within 4/3 was a better alternative to dslr. Hence, came the suggestion I go back to dslr. So, just looking for follow-up on direction. Thanks

-

Sure, no problem.

There are some great DSLRs available these days at good prices. I used to shoot Nikon and I've heard that the D3200 and D5100 are great cameras but, like most other people in this forum, I no longer shoot DSLR and can't give you decent advice.

That's why I'm suggesting that you go to the Nikon/Sony/Canon forums. You'll get much better advice about entry-level and mid-range DSLRs there than you will in an m43 forum.

As a starting point, I would suggest you research prices for a Nikon D3200 with kit lens and adding a cheap prime such as a 50mm f1.8 for low-light.

This will offer you a very cheap and versatile option with great image quality.

Good luck.

-- hide signature --
 NZ Scott's gear list:NZ Scott's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P3 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow