ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
2manybikes
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
DxO OPtics Pro won't proces images: fix
Mar 15, 2013

Just in case any other users have the same problem:

I wasn't using Optics Pro for a couple of weeks recently and when I tried to use it again it wouldn't process images, just sit there. ResMon said it was working normally. I disbled pretty well every background program I had,  did the uninstall/reinstall dance, etc. and no joy. DxO support (prompt and courteous, by the way) looked at it and finally suggested selecting "Run as Administrator" which I never thought to try since I never had to do it before. Anyway, this worked. The only thing I can think of is that a recent Windows update changed the OS's handling of Optics Pro. This applies to:

Optics Pro 8.1.3 64 bit builds 218 and 229

64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium

and maybe other builds/Windows I can't say

By the way, if you run Resmon it might say Optics Pro is waiting on dwm.wxe to be released by another program. There is a video on YouTube calling dwm.exe a virus and telling you how to remove it. There may be a virus that spoofs dwm.exe but it is in fact a Windows system process: it's Desktop Windows Manager which runs the spiffy Aero semi-transparent windows on Windows 7. If you disable it your system will lose this. In any case, the real dwm.exe is Not the problem.

You can set DxO Optics Pro to always run as "Administrator" by the way if you don't want to always have to right click and select it, save a little wear and tear on your driving finger.

I know I'm probably very stupid to not think of "Run as Administrator" immediately but I'm not really a Windows geek. I just like to fix white balance and correct distortion with ultrawide lenses.

Save your hair, click "Run as Administrator"!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow