DotTune: Video Tutorial for AF tuning without photographs

Started Feb 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
Kaj E
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,866Gear list
Like?
Re: Problem: Focus changes during procedure
In reply to Horshack, Mar 15, 2013

I tired the procedure, but could not get it to work. Results were all over the place.

It turned out that the problem is that the focus point switches as soon as I switch from Live view. I focus with live view switch to normal view and then back to live view without doing any refocusing in between, and find that the focus in live view is not where I placed it. I tried in silent mode because I thought that the mirror slap may have changed the focus (activated the AF-On). But silent mode did not help.

Finally gave up. Placed a book on a table with a ruler next to. Took one shot at default to see if I had back or front focus. Then did two shots at large intervals trying to fork the real value. This gave my advice on where to move next and had the focus nailed after a total of 4 shots. Very accurate and easy.

-- hide signature --

Kind regards
Kaj
http://www.pbase.com/kaj_e
WSSA member #13
It's about time we started to take photography seriously and treat it as a hobby.- Elliott Erwitt

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow