howardroark
Senior MemberPosts: 2,657Gear list
Like?
Re: 70D in trouble ???
In reply to crazybadger, Mar 15, 2013

crazybadger wrote:

SpartanWarrior wrote:

jonrobertp wrote:

Look at the lastest posted images released on the D7100 site here on dpr...those hi iso shots...yikes, they do look good.

C'mon, Canon...lets get on with the show. Game on. May the best man(camera) win.

They look fantastic, don't expect much from canon though...

Why are you still here with Canon then? Seriously? You complain that canon hasn't done anything good recently and then make statements like this one below.

"Don't take it the wrong way, I have a 7D and really like it and I bought the 5D III that is GREAT"

and

"Yes what you say is very true but common 6D with 9 focus points? from what I read it is a very good camera..."

So what are you complaining about? Canon have given you two cameras that you "really liked" and found "great" in the last 2-3 years, and although YOU might not like the features of the 6D you acknowledge that it is a "very good camera", which by the way many ARE very happy with, and yet you are still whining not to expect anything good from canon?

People must be used to Canon always having the latest and greatest while everyone else plays catch up.  That's the only explanation for the perception that Canon has fallen behind when the only big change has been one product release cycle from Nikon impressing some people.  Canon can't get technology out the door on the exact same schedule as every other company they compete with, but the attention spans and expectations of some people just itch for something to amaze, entertain, and possibly provide more fodder for forum debate.

Another thing that stuns me about the fools talking about Canon scrapping their in-house sensor development is the fact the perception of Canon as a camera company.  No, Canon isn't in laptops and TV's like Sony (don't correct me, I know Sony makes everything except kitchen sinks.....probably have a subsidiary that does, though), but Canon is a huge company with a huge R&D budget.  They make some of their sensors in house because they're good at it and they can afford it.  Nikon, no matter whose sensor they're using this week, were forced to compete in digital only because of Canon.....and that rivalry and its influence on  the exploding DSLR market forced Sony, Olympus, Pentax, Fuji, Panasonic, etc. to finally come up with some interesting ideas.  People blame Canon for being slow to react and fail to recognize that their deep investment in DSLR technology is the only reason they have their cute little ILC.

Oh well, people just want to be entertained and feel like their opinion matters to camera companies.  Unless they have the same or similar opinion a few million other people (an exaggeration) then camera makers probably don't know they exist.

howardroark's gear list:howardroark's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow