So... I finally come to a decision to go with the OM-D... Is there any big hand users out there?

Started Mar 13, 2013 | Questions thread
texinwien
Senior MemberPosts: 2,734Gear list
Like?
Re: What's weak about the GH3?
In reply to sgoldswo, Mar 15, 2013

sgoldswo wrote:

texinwien wrote:

sgoldswo wrote:

texinwien wrote:

It really gets you upset that I own both cameras and don't prefer the one you own doesn't it? That's funny - did no one explain to you it's perfectly fine for you to like one camera and someone to like another?

I don't care how many cameras you own, or which ones are your personal favorites.

Cool, for the record I own an M9, an X-pro1, and X100, an X-E1, a GH3, an E-M5 an E-PL5 and a GX1(IR), whoops, nearly forgot the Contax G2. Oh and occasionally my OH lets me use her RX100. I used to own an E-P3, X10, A100, A700, A900, A55, A77. NEX-5, NEX-5N and NEX-7. I've spent a good bit of time using a 5D II as well (not mine though). Cheers for asking, you are welcome.

Proof that owning a large number of cameras does not one a camera or photography expert make, I reckon

Just out of curiosity, which cameras have you owned other than the E-M5? I can see a canon on your kit list but I know mine wasn't up to date.

I'm sorry, how is that relevant to this discussion? Are you playing primary school "my dad's bigger than yours" games now?

I do care if you're making demonstrably false statements

What are those then?

It's not clear that you have, as of yet, but evidence is mounting in that direction.

Sorry, what evidence?

1. The www.optyczne.pl review, in which the reviewers reported that the E-M5 has a significant and measured advantage in resolution in comparison to the GH3
  2. Imaging-Resource.com RAW files that show visibly higher resolution in test images taken by the E-M5
  3. DPReview RAW files that do the same
I feel like I might have left something out, but we were at 1 piece of evidence a few weeks ago. 2 pieces as of some time last week. At least 3 now. Mounting evidence that your claims that the GH3 produces sharper or higher resolution images are false.

and why is it you take so long writing replies to me old son?

I have other things to do, and answering anti scientists falls well behind most of them, old son.

That was more of a comment on the length of your replies...

Ah, perhaps brush up on your English skills and try to write what you mean, old son.

By the way, how many journal articles have you managed in leading international academic journals in the last month old son? I'll put my hand up and say I've only managed one. I'm not that prolific though.

Hah, I love running into academics who resort to ad hominem as if it wasn't a logical fallacy.

Be careful before calling people anti intellectual anti scientists old son, people might just not like your tests (or tone for that matter).

Is that a threat, or what? How's your tone, by the way, Mr. published ad hominem?

or claiming that your personal experience has more validity than the results of multiple tests

What a joke - no I claim my experience and that of others who actually use cameras is more valid than pointing a camera at a pointless test scene. Thanks

What a joke is right. Anti science and anti intellectualism are on the rise. At least you can take comfort in being part of a trend, of sorts.

See above.

I'd prefer to look away. The spectacle of your ignorance and pettiness is rather ugly.

tex

texinwien's gear list:texinwien's gear list
Canon EOS 300D Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow