Nikkor 32mm f1.2 listed on the Nikon USA website...

Started Mar 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
blank_
Regular MemberPosts: 177Gear list
Like?
Re: I think thats a key point...
In reply to MoreorLess, Mar 15, 2013

MoreorLess wrote:

blank_ wrote:

But I agree, that if 32/1.2 costs significantly more than Samsung 45/1.8, which actually gives even shorter DOF, it shows some weakness of the whole CX concept.

Not so much the DOF control itself(quite the reverse infact IMHO) but really wheather the inherant limations of the smaller sensor can be overcome by cheaper fast glass.

The failiure of OLY's 4/3rds DSLR's was IMHO largely the result of the extra lens performance being more expensive than the extra sensor performance of the competision.

The 1 system does seem to have the advanatge that its sensor is punching above its size a bit more and of catering to a market less likely to invest in large amounts of glass so with less need to "rebuy the speed".

It's also about the pricing.  When the price is right, they don't have to perform as good as bigger sensor cameras and still be competitive.

Oly was succesfull with m4/3, when they stopped trying to fight FF on performance and start to make the system small and cheap. I believe CX has the potential to do something similar.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow