ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jellofund
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Samsung 30mm pancake lens rattle?
Mar 15, 2013

Hi,

First time poster so apologies if this is something that has been asked / discussed before.

If I lightly shake my 30mm pancake lens I notice a small amount of noise / rattle from the barrel. It doesn't feel like anything is broken or bouncing about uncontrollably. The noise is fairly quiet and seems to be coming from the front where the lens slides out when focussing. In terms of functionality the lens seems fine.

I saw a review of a Minolta 30mm lens that mentioned something similar. It was considered a normal 'characteristic' for that particular lens and speculation was that the most likely reason for the rattle was down to the focus mechanism needing some looseness to achieve a quick focus speed.

My other NX lenses don't exhibit this but they appear to have a different (static) focus mechanism so the lens does not move forward / backwards to focus. I suspect it is normal for the 30mm but to help put my mind at ease I wondered if some other 30mm owners could confirm if they have noticed the same thing?

Thanks in advance!

ANSWER:
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow