So... I finally come to a decision to go with the OM-D... Is there any big hand users out there?

Started Mar 13, 2013 | Questions thread
sgoldswo
Senior MemberPosts: 3,104Gear list
Like?
Re: What's weak about the GH3?
In reply to NZ Scott, Mar 15, 2013

NZ Scott wrote:

texinwien wrote:

sgoldswo wrote:

texinwien wrote:

It really gets you upset that I own both cameras and don't prefer the one you own doesn't it? That's funny - did no one explain to you it's perfectly fine for you to like one camera and someone to like another?

I don't care how many cameras you own, or which ones are your personal favorites.

Cool, for the record I own an M9, an X-pro1, and X100, an X-E1, a GH3, an E-M5 an E-PL5 and a GX1(IR), whoops, nearly forgot the Contax G2. Oh and occasionally my OH lets me use her RX100. I used to own an E-P3, X10, A100, A700, A900, A55, A77. NEX-5, NEX-5N and NEX-7. I've spent a good bit of time using a 5D II as well (not mine though). Cheers for asking, you are welcome.

Proof that owning a large number of cameras does not one a camera or photography expert make, I reckon

I've been following all this abuse with interest, because I enjoy a good slanging-match, but at this point I feel compelled to step in and take sides with .... with .... with ... with texinwien!

The first reason I'm going to take sides with texinwien, Mr sgoldswo, is that you've just given us a list of 19 cameras that you own or have owned recently and yet your image gallery is full of snapshots. These two nuggets of information suggest to me that your interest in photography leans more towards a gearhead acquisition syndrome than it does towards actually taking photographs. Not that there is anything wrong with that - there are lots of gearheads in these forums who make valuable contributions to various topics - but it does mean that your "real world experience" with high-end cameras might be treated with a grain of salt.

The second reason that I'm going to take sides with texinwien, Mr sgoldswo, is that your arguments have grown increasingly ad hominem. That's low. And not very nice.

Have a wonderful day.

Scott

I do care if you're making demonstrably false statements

What are those then?

It's not clear that you have, as of yet, but evidence is mounting in that direction.

and why is it you take so long writing replies to me old son?

I have other things to do, and answering anti scientists falls well behind most of them, old son.

or claiming that your personal experience has more validity than the results of multiple tests

What a joke - no I claim my experience and that of others who actually use cameras is more valid than pointing a camera at a pointless test scene. Thanks

What a joke is right. Anti science and anti intellectualism are on the rise. At least you can take comfort in being part of a trend, of sorts.

performed by highly trained professionalsm no matter which camera is your personal favorite.

tex

Thanks tex, I love you too

That's just luvly., chap.

tex

-- hide signature --

Scott, no worries - I shouldn't let him get my back up, but he does, and with the aid of some beers the bile emerges...

sgoldswo's gear list:sgoldswo's gear list
Nikon D800E Leica M Typ 240 Olympus E-M1 Nikon Df
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow