So... I finally come to a decision to go with the OM-D... Is there any big hand users out there?

Started Mar 13, 2013 | Questions thread
Paul De Bra
Forum ProPosts: 11,235Gear list
Like?
It sounds like you are better off with a dslr.
In reply to Randell Tober, Mar 15, 2013

The big advantage of m43 is that everything can be made smaller than with aps-c and certainly a lot smaller than with full frame.

If small is a problem then I would not suggest going with the GH3 which is quite big for an m43 camera but going with a Canon or Nikon or perhaps even Sony dslr.

Glass for a larger camera is not typically more expensive than for m43. It is all a matter of supply and demand and our free economy dictating prices. Everything is expensive but just cheap enough that people still buy it. It has nothing to do with real value or manufacturing cost. The still larger markets for dslr cameras and the competition between the brands keeps the prices relatively low. In m43 this is much less the case, hence prices that are sometimes appear insane.

I went from a dslr to the E-M5 because I really wanted smaller despite the cost. If you don't want smaller then don't go for the m43 format!

-- hide signature --

Slowly learning to use the Olympus OM-D E-M5.
Public pictures at http://debra.zenfolio.com/.

Paul De Bra's gear list:Paul De Bra's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow