Which quality paper-cutter without the cost?

Started Mar 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
motion
Contributing MemberPosts: 634
Like?
Re: Which quality paper-cutter without the cost?
In reply to xrdbear, Mar 15, 2013

xrdbear wrote:

Just a suggestion but a mat cutter like the Logan machine I have cuts paper just as well as mat board over long lengths. I have never had it damage the surface of a print. That way you get the ability to cut bevel mats as well as a print trimmer.

I'm not familiar with mat cutters so I looked up Logan mat cutters. Judging from the illustration it seems that it's similar to a rotary cutter except it doesn't have the "walls" at each end, so I suppose you can just put a very long sheet of paper inside, cut it, slide it further in, then continue cutting. Won't this be a more versatile solution to those Dahle/Rotatrim rotary cutters if you want something that doesn't take up too much space while still allowing to cut any size paper?

Unfortunately there don't seem to be any for sale locally judging by some online searching, but if it's a worthwhile alternative to the Dahle/Rotatrim units I'll do some further digging.

As for the rotary trimmers I'm considering the Dahle 444 (68cm cutting length) or Rotatrim Mastercut MCA2 (also 68cm cutting length, but costs a fair bit less than the Dahle). I can't justify the cost of an M-series Rotatrim at the moment.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow