ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
salla30
Senior MemberPosts: 2,289Gear list
Like?
prime lens for NEX 5n...lens newbie question
Mar 15, 2013

Hi

I have had my NEX 5N for about 8 months and taken around 8000 frames with it, so I am not a newbie to the camera. However, I got an RX100 which has shown up some deficiencies in the kit lens 18-55 which I got with the 5N. This has meant that I have really let the NEX gather dust for the last few months, which is a shame, because I love using it and prefer the colours, textures and DR of the NEX.

So I would like to "go prime" with the NEX on a fairly tight budget for 2 main reasons:

1) I read that by using a prime lens I could get better quality of image

2) I have been reading ALOT about the RX1, and figure I may be able to capture a little of the spirit of such a beast by going prime with my NEX 5.

Finally questions...

1) What is the optimal FL to go for , the 16mm pancake? or are there other options? (i am looking to use it for general street shooting, landscape (complimenting RX100), architecture, etc) - I am veering towards pancake for size/wider angle benefits.

2) Any specific recommendations for make/model of lenses? Is the sony pancake lens any good?

3) Are they standard fit into the sony system or will i need adapter, etc?

Thanks in advance for replies!

salla30's gear list:salla30's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX1 Sony RX100 II Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS
Sony RX1 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow