Does anyone have macro extension tubes?

Started Mar 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
Michael T
Regular MemberPosts: 244Gear list
Like?
Re: Does anyone have macro extension tubes?
In reply to FrankParis, Mar 15, 2013

FrankParis wrote:

I spared no expense and bought the Kenko extension tubes: two tubes 16mm + 10mm, together 26mm. Fully electronic connection to the camera, making them simple as pie to use. Here's an example of a crocus with just the 16mm extension tube, taken with the Olympus 40-150mm. I've got the new 75-300mm on order and can't wait to try it with these extension tubes. I bought them mainly for taking pictures of flowers no larger than 3 inches in diameter from a distance of four or five feet, because often that's as close as I can get to them when they're on a neighborhood front lawn.

-- hide signature --

Frank Paris

Very useful information.  I am also looking at the Kenko extension tubes.  For the 40-150mm, the closest focusing distance is about 1m without the tube.  If using the Kenko extension tubes, can you tell me what will be closest focus distance then?

Thanks

Michael T's gear list:Michael T's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Tokina AT-X Pro 100mm f/2.8 Macro Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow