Going Abroad: Should I bring my 50 mm f/1.4 lens?

Started Mar 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
slickvibez
New MemberPosts: 19
Like?
Going Abroad: Should I bring my 50 mm f/1.4 lens?
Mar 15, 2013

Hello everyone!

This weekend I will be traveling to Latin America for a few days and working in a village! As I'm starting to pack, I have also been thinking about what equipment I would want to bring with me. I shoot on the Canon 650d. I have at my disposal the sigma 18-200, canon 18-55 and canon 50 mm 1.4. Now, in the past I traveled with the 18-200 but actually found it to be a bit too heavy and cumbersome; most of the shots I was taking were 55 mm or smaller in focal length anyways. So definitely will be packing (and eventually running around) with the 18-55.

Now, the million dollar question: should I bring my 50 mm? I purchased it not too long ago so I haven't really had that much time to play around and get a firm grip of it to a point where I'd be comfortable manipulating the settings in a speedy way. I'm thinking another con may be that I won't feel comfortable carrying around an extra lens.

Would love to hear all of your opinions! 

_slicky

Canon EOS 650D (EOS Rebel T4i / EOS Kiss X6i)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow