DotTune: Video Tutorial for AF tuning without photographs

Started Feb 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
RedBoat
New MemberPosts: 8Gear list
Like?
Re: DotTune: Video Tutorial for AF tuning without photographs
In reply to Horshack, Mar 15, 2013
Hi guys,
I just used the Dot Tune method to fine-tune the autofocus on my lens.I thoroughly followed the steps described by the author and it turns out that the border of the focus range only starts at -20 (-19 is the first value where I start seeing a confirmation dot, however flickering).At -20 the dot is still flickering.
I assume that I would need to go even lower (for example, to -22) to get a solid confirmation dot). But the scale ends right here at -20.
Could you please help me to understand what is wrong with my setup and what could be done here to further tune the autofocus.
Does it mean that something is wrong with my lens or with the body? And how I can understand which of them (body or lens) causes the problem?
Or should I call Nikon to have them fix this? If so what exactly I would need to tell them to correctly describe the problem (the body is still under warranty).
Thanks.
 RedBoat's gear list:RedBoat's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow