Got my D7100 thread... your first impressions?

Started Mar 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Elixir
Contributing MemberPosts: 679
Like?
Got my D7100 thread... your first impressions?
Mar 15, 2013

Looks like we will need one of these threads?

I just picked up mine at the local camera store and the battery is charging.  Brief first thoughts... I'm coming from the D300s, so there will be an adjustment curve for me, but the feel has made a good impression so far.

Button arrangement will take some getting used to, especially when I map the AE-lock to be AF-On, which is my standard way of working.  It's a bit more of a stretch for my thumb, but won't be too hard to get used to.

I noticed that there is no plastic screen cover/protector right off the bat.  Don't think that's much of a problem, but I'll need to pick up a phone screen protector and cut it to size.

I like the U1 and U2 settings on the mode-dial instead of having to flip through the menus as I did on my D300s.  That will be really handy... particularly for handing the camera to someone who doesn't know how to focus with the button on the back.

I expected the camera to feel small in the hand, but it's just about right for me.  I don't have large hands.  It feels different than my former camera, but not worse.  Don't think I'll be getting the battery grip because I like the smaller size and weight.

Looking forward to putting it through its paces when the battery is ready.

Nikon D300S Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow