So... I finally come to a decision to go with the OM-D... Is there any big hand users out there?

Started Mar 13, 2013 | Questions thread
sgoldswo
Senior MemberPosts: 3,532Gear list
Like?
Re: What's weak about the GH3?
In reply to texinwien, Mar 15, 2013

texinwien wrote:

sgoldswo wrote:

Randell Tober wrote:

Hi,

I know this is an initial test/ preview- but if you look at the Hi-Iso test just completed by DPR, almost anything you put up against the OM-D looks second rate- within reason(IMO). It takes jumping into some of the high dollar dslr's to find comparables so it seems. GH3 isn't totally out of the question- I'll be looking for more examples/info/reviews. As I mentioned, Olympus really has a winner in the OM-D. Hopefully they have a newer release for the future that gives us a bigger option

It's been said on another test but the samples posted by DPR are simply unrepresentative of user experience. If you want to go with that, it's fine, but in all honesty it's identical to better than the E-M5 in real world use.

Lots of things are said about lots of things by lots of people. Then there's science and rigorous testing in controlled environments.

Are you so sure putting a camera on a tripod and pointing it at a test scene is the be all and end all of photography? If so I really feel sorry for you.

Because I'm talking about actual use, and not shooting a pointless test scene with a tripod it may simply be that the GH3 is more of a photographers camera (e.g. it allows for greater button/dial based fine tuning of settings to get enhanced results).

Do I understand this correctly - You're suggesting that the GH3, with all of its fine-tuning abilities, may take better pictures out and about than it is capable of taking in a studio laboratory, mounted on a tripod? Are you sure you want to make that claim?

Are you sure studio comparison really shows that much of cameras abilities? If so you are a duller chap than you seem from your (repetitive) comments.

Nonetheless, I'll take the camera that gives me better results/more keepers at the end of the day.

Perhaps it gives YOU better results because you get a long with it better, but not due to any inherent, objective advantages it has. Which means that your results may not be transferrable to any other users.

and then again perhaps it would be transferable which is why I'm telling other people...

It could also be a case of cognitive bias.

agreed. You've demonstrated plenty.

I'm looking forward to DPReview's full review. As time passes, some of your original claims are looking less and less supported by the actual facts and tests, as produced by real professionals (as opposed to some guy with a blog and a couple of cameras).

LOL. I bow down to your well demonstrated professional.. I mean cod science. Do you take lessons to be smug and patronising or is that just your style?

It really gets you upset that I own both cameras and don't prefer the one you own doesn't it? That's funny - did no one explain to you it's perfectly fine for you to like one camera and someone to like another?

tex

Cheers

Simon

sgoldswo's gear list:sgoldswo's gear list
Leica M Typ 240 Olympus E-M1 Nikon Df Nikon D810
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow