E-7 Wish List

Started Mar 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
K3nKen
Regular MemberPosts: 252
Like?
Re: E-7 Wish List
In reply to SirSeth, Mar 14, 2013

SirSeth wrote:

Yeah, it might be 8 brilliant pixels, and it would make a few very happy, but I think it would be a suicide mission for the company. To some degree this already happened when the E-1 was 5MP and the competition was 6MP. The 5MP were of very good quality, but the psychology of being a million short was just hard to sell.

Best,

Seth

I agree that it'll be difficult to market an 8MP camera in 2013 but I hope there are discerning photographers looking for a different and unique camera. Olympus FourThirds is really in a niche anyway. There are already cameras like the Nikon D800 and D600 if photographers are looking for cameras according to a spec list.

Perhaps Olympus could follow Nikon's strategy of a D4 (16MP), D800 (36MP) with a high/low mix of E-7 with 8MP and an E-50 with 20MP?

Had a look at the DXO test for the IQ180 and the sensor has a score of 26.5 bits color depth and 13.6 EVs dynamic range. This is an excellent result for a 5.4micron sensor and will match well with Olympus digital lenses with their high aberration correction, flat field and good resolution at all distances due to floating lens group.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow