Does DNG Contain ALL Information from NEX-6 RAW?

Started Mar 14, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Augestflex
Junior MemberPosts: 32
Like?
Does DNG Contain ALL Information from NEX-6 RAW?
Mar 14, 2013

Hello!

I've been shooting jpegs (historically) and then starting out with the NEX-6 I continued this process.  Now I've picked up Lightroom 4 and would like to shoot RAW and work with them in Lightroom?

For ease/convenience I am thinking of converting my NEX-6 RAW files to DNG on import in Lightroom.

Before I do this, the question: After conversion will the DNG contain all the information that was in the NEX-6 RAW? I don't want to destroy my original RAWs but am willing to if the DNG contains all the information from the RAW that I would use.

My usage: I expect I'll be doing minor post processing, cropping, straightening, and some times metadata changes (of date/time from trips) and then pushing out published images to my NAS to share with friends/family on the TV/PS3 when they come over to visit.

Any help with this would be appreciated? I have the room to keep both the RAWs and the DNGs but would rather not if it really isn't necessary. Additionally I believe I could manage the sidecars without issue, but would prefer not to if the DNG contains all the data from the RAW.

Thanks!

ANSWER:
Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow