Started Mar 14, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
TNaic
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
At a complete loss...
Mar 14, 2013

Usually when I want something, I do a bit of research and I can figure out what I want and what will suit my needs, however this isn't the case when it comes to figuring out what budget camera would be better suited for my needs.

I've used DSLRs before, they're pretty cool and I am able to use them without difficultly, but I want a camera that isn't too big and bulky (was thinking APS-C or Micro Four Thirds).

The main things I am looking for are:

-Smaller than a DSLR, but doesn't have to be pocketable (I'm graduating soon, and plan on travelling if I ever find a job). This is probably the most important thing, the rest are listed in no particular order.

-Somewhat weatherproof, I am unsure of the ruggedness of cameras but it should be able to withstand drizzle

-In body stabilization

-Decent low light pictures

That's about it, I am a person that likes to buy things once and have them for awhile. So longevity would be nice, but I assume that'd depend on how well I take care of it.

And for the most important part: price. Since this is a graduation gift I don't want to ask for something too expensive. I was thinking maybe $400-500.

Thanks for any help.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow