Packing light and with style! How much can you fit in your bag? Quality vs quantity: show your pics!

Started Mar 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
juantastico
Contributing MemberPosts: 567
Like?
Packing light and with style! How much can you fit in your bag? Quality vs quantity: show your pics!
Mar 14, 2013

Dear all,

I would like to share with you my gear (which to me quite some time to research), and so far this has been my best set-up in terms of: image quality, range, diversity, style :-), and light packing.

Prior to this set-up I had the canon G1X (fantastic camera), but I still needed to carry a small bag where I could have my iPad, camera, ND filters, close up lens, charger etc…

In The first image (below) you will see my current set-up ( I forgot to add the charger and extra battery but this fit in the bag with no problem, and with room to spare).

Lenses:

Leica 25mm 1.4 (attached to OMD), Samyang FE 7.5mm (a joy to take pictures with), Sigma 19mm 2.8, and kit lens 14-50mm (I rarely use this lens, as the 25mm is literally glued to my OMD)

Filters: (step up filter 46mm to 58mm)

ND variable fader Light Craft Workshop digi-pro HD (top of the line form LCW) replaces my b+W 10 and 6 stops. This variable ND will come quite handy when using the 25mm 1.4, at 1.4 in bright sunlight (just got this today so still need to play with it)

Canon 250D close up filter

Flash

FL600r (just got this today) and the kit Flash

Bag

Bellingham pro (canvas) best bag I have ever owned!!

Other

Ipad

Gordy’s customisable leather strap (my favourite piece in the kit)

Sd flash car reader for ipad

Small flash light

Flash on OMD:

LCW ND fader digi-pro HD

All fits in the bag

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Juan

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Bag?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow