How to Pre-Visualize like Ansel Adams

Started Mar 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Graham Clark 178
Forum MemberPosts: 54
Like?
Re: It's Entirely Innate
In reply to Hulamike, Mar 14, 2013

Hulamike wrote:

It's innate and cannot be learned. I don't care what Ansel and others might have to say on the matter. The colloquial way to put it is, you either have an eye or you don't. I have always had an eye for composition and photography. I had to learn the technical stuff, I had to refine technique but being able to immediately "see" an image in its final form has always been there for me. Perhaps I'm lucky but I'm certainly not unique. I believe all art is this way. We photographers sometimes get confused because unlike many other artistic disciplines, photography can be approached simply as a craft or business model. The creative thing, the ability to previsualize, sometimes confuses photographers or is thought to be irrelevant.

"We may draw an analogy with music: the composer entertains a musical idea. He sets it down in conventional musical notation.  When he performs it, he may, although respecting the score, inject personal expressive interpretations on the basic patterns of the notes."  Ansel Adams

-- hide signature --

Graham Clark | grahamclarkphoto.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
TPPFNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow