Nikkor 32mm f1.2 listed on the Nikon USA website...

Started Mar 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
blank_
Regular MemberPosts: 176Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikkor 32mm f1.2 listed on the Nikon USA website...
In reply to SunnyFlorida, Mar 14, 2013

SunnyFlorida wrote:

Sanpete wrote:

Speaking of spin, how long has Samsung been developing its lenses for their mirrorless system? It's still very early for the N1.

I think you mean "it's late" for the N1, right? "Early" would be company that entered first, that would be Olympus.

Nikon has been very succesful with their F mount thanks to it's backward compatibility which gave Nikon the most robust lens ecosystem in the industry, and the ability to work in 2 Nikon platforms (FX and DX) absolutely brilliant by Nikon! However, their "1" system is the complete opposite, very limited lens choices, and exclusively designed for a "1" sensor . For example if I buy the 45mm F/1.8 from Samsung, I can also use it (with an adapter) on a Nikon DX body or Canon DX body or Sony DX body body. Compare that for a "1" lens like the 32mm F/1.2 (if it ever does appear) which can only be used on a CX sensor. Nikon decided to go with a "1" sensor, with incompatible flashes, incompatible lenses and abandon their robust and awesome F mount line up, it's nothing short of corporate seppukku.

do you know, that FX 85/1.2 is very likely not possible to make due to obsolete narrow F mount?

just kidding

But I agree, that if 32/1.2 costs significantly more than Samsung 45/1.8, which actually gives even shorter DOF, it shows some weakness of the whole CX concept.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow