Just picked up an Oly XZ-2

Started Mar 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
cathyph1
Forum MemberPosts: 98Gear list
Like?
Re: focus issues
In reply to Ivo Verhaar, Mar 14, 2013

I looked on eBay and there are no used XZ-2's for sale right now and since January, one has sold and one from South Korea did not sell and one other also did not sell.  That's all I see in the way of used XZ-2's on eBay since January...

I love my new XZ-2.  I have experienced a couple of situations when it didn't lock focus but I have decided to ignore those because it takes simply stunning macros of flowers and insects that I have not been able to replicate with my Canon T4i, my Nex7, my Nikon V2, or my Canon S100.  My XZ-1 was similar and that's why I bought the 2.  When I experienced the focus problem, it was in poor light and I forgave the camera.  I believe many point and shoots of this sort might have failed also in that particular situation.  In fact I used my Nikon V2 for something else shortly afterward, and it too had a problem at one point with focusing, although in general it is excellent for locking focus.  And really -- the XZ-2 is too -- almost all the time.

This is just my experience and others may have had different experiences, but I love the camera and will continue counting on it to deliver really excellent and very sharp photos for me.

Cathy H.

cathyph1's gear list:cathyph1's gear list
Sony RX100 II Olympus Stylus 1 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Canon EOS M Canon EOS 100D
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow