Nikon D5100 to Fuji X-E1? Opinions?

Started Mar 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Drew5100
Forum MemberPosts: 67Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon D5100 to Fuji X-E1? Opinions?
In reply to John, Mar 14, 2013

I had to return my first X-E1 kit due to lens failure, but my second kit and an added 35mm prime are terrific (along with an adapted Contax G 90mm f/2.8 Sonnar).  No regrets moving on from mirrored DSLRs (Former owner of D5100 as well as Pentax K-5), and since I don't need more AF speed, I'll be staying with the Fuji system.  Also, in terms of AF, when the X-E1 hits focus it's really on - no front or back focus lens adjustment issues, which I had to deal with in Pentax lenses.

Now, I'm considering buying either another X-E1 body or waiting to see what Fuji will offer with the next X-Pro version.

Bottom line - if you need hyper-AF speed for sports, go with a super fast-AF system, maybe full frame sensor (I say super-fast, because I don't find my X-E1 lenses that slow!!).   If you have no need for hyper-speed, go with the best IQ available - Fuji.   Either the X-Pro 1 or the X-E1 can deliver in this regard, and you get the best available lens system for digital APS-C cameras.  Just remember to do the firmware upgrades, and I think you'd be very happy.

Drew5100's gear list:Drew5100's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow