Luminesque Filters

Started Mar 14, 2013 | Questions thread
Dennis
Forum ProPosts: 13,315
Like?
Re: Luminesque Filters
In reply to Rich Rosen, Mar 14, 2013

Rich Rosen wrote:

I purchased the 24-120 f4, and just received it. B&H is selling the lens with two filters, essentially give aways. The UV is going to sit in my camera junk pile, but I also got a cir polarizer, Luminesque. I am not familiar with the name at all. The interesting thing is that both filters n have narrow barrels, I guess designed for wide angle lenses. I have several lenses that could benefit from such a filter. I'm going to try the polarizer out, but I'm wondering if anybody has had experience with this brand? I am a B+W user. They also make a narrow filter for wide angle lenses, but they are a hell of a lot more expensive than free. Anybody with experience with this brand filter?

I think I read somewhere 98.something % light transmission which is decent if not as good as the best MC filters.  They get good reviews on B&H (usually phrased in context: excellent for free !)  They apparently can't be purchased separately from a lens.  I got 67mm filters with my 85/1.8G (a surprise; I don't recall them being listed when I ordered the lens).  They may come in handy - the UV if I need to shoot near the sea shore and the CPL if I find that my B+W vignettes on the 16-80.

- Dennis

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow