So I pulled the trigger and bought the T4i w/ 18-135mm. Just one question though?

Started Mar 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
DA photo
Regular MemberPosts: 140Gear list
Like?
Re: So I pulled the trigger and bought the T4i w/ 18-135mm. Just one question though?
In reply to Smiller4128, Mar 14, 2013

Years ago when I had my own photo business and worked for a newspaper I had to learn about flash as part the job.  I think understanding and being able to use flash is an essential skill for most photographers.  It bails my out when using high speed sync in dark corners when shooting swim meets.  It was essential when I did weddings in unfavorable light.  It is great out of doors when shooting into backlight.  Direct flash on headshots is deadly.  An external flash gives you the option of softening the light by bouncing off a ceiling or a wall.  My external flash goes with me wherever I go.  I often don't use it but it is there when I really need it.

-- hide signature --

DAphoto

DA photo's gear list:DA photo's gear list
Canon EOS M Canon EOS 100D Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow