Started Mar 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JPR1853
Regular MemberPosts: 131
Like?
5D Mark III 1 Year later
Mar 14, 2013

´╗┐It has been almost 1 year since I first picked up the 5DM3 and photographed a lacrosse game on 03/21/12. I had just gotten the camera and took it along with my 1DM4 to try it out. It blew me away with it's image quality and AF performance. Being use to using my 1DM3 & 1DM4 I was surprised how well this non 1D series camera performed. The 5DM3 was actually purchased for my wife while I was waiting on the 1DX, I thought I would get used the the new AF system that the 1DX & 5DM3 shared. Now a year later, I own 2 - 5DM3 with battery grips and sold both my 1D cameras. I also canceled my 1DX order. Do I miss the 1D series? sometimes I do miss the higher frames per second, but I take too many photos at 6 fps. So for me having two identical bodies has been a real joy and I still love the images I capture with the 5DM3.

So here I am one year later photographing the number 1 girls lacrosse team in the nation playing our home team last night.

All were taken with 5DM3 and Canon 400mm f/2.8L IS II, apologies in advance for watermark. To see more visit www.jprimages.com

After a year of use a couple of features stand out in comparison to the 1D bodies, first I really love silent mode when photographing performing arts it really is silent. Second I really like the rate button when shooting on deadline I can rate photos on the sideline and Lightroom imports the stars in making it quick to get my selects uploaded.

Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS-1D Canon EOS-1D C
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow