D800E... brand new, left focus issue.

Started Mar 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
newtoy
Regular MemberPosts: 312Gear list
Like?
Re: D800E... brand new, left focus issue.
In reply to jmvdigital, Mar 14, 2013

jmvdigital wrote:

Well I can't speak for Reikan, but its results have been consistent and accurate for me so far. I wonder if the inconsistencies you guys are experiencing with it are more due to the interaction/accuracy of the PDAF system with Reikan's targets, not the software itself. Maybe I'm wrong.

In any case, I am confidently boxing up this second D800E body. After more testing with the 35 1.4G lens that just came in, the left AF point is still HORRID. I shot Reikan's targets, the USAF target and some outdoors. I'm not talking about a little pixel peeping soft, I'm talking like it misfocused seemingly by feet, not inches.

The next body is due to arrive Monday I hope. That said, I was able to take some manual focus macro shots with the 105VR... wowsers! I see the potential, if the focus is sharp.

-- hide signature --

JMVDigital, Inc.
www.jmvdigital.com

I also found that Focal AF fine-tune results are very consistent, run it 3 times and the resulting setting are always the same. But unfortunately, the result are always wrong and unusable.

For the multi focus points test, I can create whatever result I like to see, left, right, center focus problem by light my target differently!

Reikan still have a lot of work to do!

If you rely on FoCal to check the left focus issue, I wishes you all the luck!

newtoy's gear list:newtoy's gear list
Nikon D70 Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Nikon 1 V2 Fujifilm X-T1 +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow