Why Professional Display when your work will be always viewed in typical display by consumer?

Started Mar 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
Redcrown
Senior MemberPosts: 1,247
Like?
Re: Why Professional Display when your work will be always viewed in typical display by consumer?
In reply to ms18, Mar 14, 2013

I'll offer another reason to get the best quality and best calibrated display you can afford...

So the images you make today will still look good to you a few years from now when you get a new system, with a newer, better display.

Even then, it is far from a perfect world.

I'm on my 4th system in the 10 years I've been doing digital photography and Photoshopping. Each system had a high quality, calibrated display. But the quality of displays AND calibration systems has improved each time.

When I go back and look at old images I made on old systems I often find them lacking in some aspect. Colors are usually OK, but exposure and contrast are not. Sometimes I wonder, "What was I thinking?" But then I wonder how much worse they would look now if they had been made on a poor quality uncalibrated monitor.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow