Nasty purple color mottling

Started Mar 13, 2013 | Questions thread
LincolnB
Senior MemberPosts: 3,664Gear list
Like?
Re: That explains
In reply to Neurad1, Mar 14, 2013

Neurad1 wrote:

Correct, the sun was not quite up yet. So the white balance was adjusted for the ambient pre-dawn light instead of the house lights.

Did you just fiddle with different light balance in LR4 or did you do this in-camera? If the latter, what setting for WB did you use? Or did you use custom WB with a gray card? I don't really know how to do the latter on my OMD EM5 (yet). Thanks.

With light as wonky as pre-dawn + porch lights, I'm pretty sure I played with the WB in Lightroom until I had something I was happy with. The tricky part was to get the majority of the shot looking natural without the incandescents looking too yellow.

Sometimes I shoot a white or grey card and then use the WB Dropper tool in Lightroom to give me an idea of the ambient WB.

I always shoot RAW.

LincolnB's gear list:LincolnB's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Fujifilm X-E1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 II ASPH Mega OIS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow