SLR Magic HyperPrime 23mm F1.7 (2013 version)

Started Mar 11, 2013 | Questions thread
JoeBenjamin
Regular MemberPosts: 364
Like?
Samples
In reply to radissimo, Mar 14, 2013

Arrived today.  So small and great close focus abilities!  Only thing that annoys me so far is the screw-in lens cap, but I'll replace that with a snap-in cap.  I ran outside and took random shots (not artistic by any measure) before the sun set.  Wide open the corners still smear like the 2012 version, but the reason they pulled that was because the source materials weren't cost efficient so I guess they didn't really redesign much, just changed the parts sourcing.  The shots of the shells are sharp at f/8, but I think the f/4 shot isn't totally fair because the focal plane is tilted vertically (on all three shots really) so top and bottom aren't perfect but you can definitely see corner smearing at f/1.7.  Then again with a selective-focus lens like this I'm aiming for the middle of the frame anyway.  And at less than half the price and smaller than the Zeiss 24mm my wallet isn't complaining

f/8

f/4

f/1.7

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow