Travels4Food
Junior MemberPosts: 48Gear list
Like?
Re: best IQ in pocket size
In reply to joe talks photography, Mar 14, 2013

joe talks photography wrote:

sergio2560 wrote:

a question that haunts me for too long,

is it better a Sony RX100 or a Panasonic GX1 with 14-42 X vario power OIS for the best IQ in the best portability ?

keep in mind that the most of the photo that i take are when traveling on vacation or landscapes.

I shot with the RX100 for a month last year at introduction. Great image quality (amazing at times) even with its inherent grain/noise at all ISO levels. However, very lousy in bright light conditions for composing. Moreover, the camera lacks good ergonomics and is slippery as well. No evf option. Hey, if the camera can't take the shot it really isn't worth having, right? It's gone but I would reconsider a future improved upon model.

The GX-1 is larger of course, but, oh so much better a camera, the rub being you ain't stuffing it in your average pocket, even with pancake style/size lens. Let's not overlook the pricing is much better as well. I have me a GX-1 with the X zoom lens and I have average sized man hands. The camera fits nicely in my hands and stays just above the 'this camera is simply to small for me'.

http://camerasize.com/compare/#332,183

-- hide signature --

Joe

I bought Franiec's grip for the RX100, and now I love how it handles - very solid, yet so incredibly portable.

Travels4Food's gear list:Travels4Food's gear list
Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / Power O.I.S
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow