Started Mar 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ray Maines
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,278Gear list
Like?
That Didn't Work Out So Well...
Mar 14, 2013

I've entered exactly one, as in UNO, challenge in my whole life. I've started almost 200 threads and  commented on 2,700 others. I've been around the block.

I saw a Challenge titled "The Power Of SLT" and figured how hard could that be? The basic rules were that the picture had to be taken with a SLT camera and there was NO, as in NONE, PP allowed.

OK, lets go for it I thought. I got up early and took a totally perfect picture at the crack of dawn, you know, the Golden Hour. The photo was technically perfect. The exposure, framing and composition were perfect. It was compelling and the lighting was perfect. Everything was perfect! I mean simply EVERYTHING! was perfect.

Well maybe not so much. I finished #35 out of 39 entries. Well damn, that didn't turn out so well.

Sigh.

Sunrise on Mt. Rainier through the 11th St. bridge in Tacoma, Washington, USA.

Congrats to the winner. Congrats to all the other entrants. All 39 photo's were pretty darn good.

-- hide signature --

--

Buy books, not gear.
Tacoma, Washington, USA

Ray Maines's gear list:Ray Maines's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Sony DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM +11 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow