Started Mar 13, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SergioSpain
Regular MemberPosts: 405Gear list
Like?
Couple of questions on NX2
Mar 13, 2013

I use NX2 to process my images, mainly because of the magic of the D Lighting step, which works wonders (in fact, I probably rely on it too much but that's another story). My usual workflow is to apply a batch process to my pictures that includes the D lighting step and sharpening. Then I'll go in and adjust each picture as necessary. But what's annoying is that if I want to adjust the exposure, for example, as soon as I click on anything in the "quick fix" section where the exposure compensation is, it takes me back to the original, unprocessed picture, which is a pain because I want to see the changes in the processed picture. Is there a way around this?

On a related topic, suppose I crop a RAW file and save it and then open it in Photoshop. It turns out that it didn't really save the crop or anything else I did to it. It opens it up looking like the original unprocessed raw picture out of the camera. Is there a way to save raw files using NX2 that so that it doesn't "remember" what the original looked like and it saves only the processed image?

Thanks!

SergioSpain's gear list:SergioSpain's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D4 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/2.8G ED-IF VR +3 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow