Started Mar 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
TakePictures
Regular MemberPosts: 417Gear list
Like?
Why would you choose an X100s...
Mar 13, 2013

... over, for example, an X-E1? I'm really curious. Why would you "sacrifice" the versatility of a camera with interchangable lenses for a fixed-lens camera?

The thing is that until today I was completely focused on the X-E1. I already own a nice system around the D300. The reason for me to go for the X-E1 is -- surprise -- that it is smaller and lighter than my Nikon. But then I thought: building up an X system is quite an investment and the upcoming X lenses, especially the telephoto and 23mm will not be that light and compact. So why not go for the "simplest" X camera there is: the X100s (hope it will be available soon)? It's light, it's compact, it has a great lens. Yes, it's a fixed lens, but at least you don't need to think about which lenses to bring and which one to screw on your camera. The limitation of a fixed lens may also make you more focused on framing and even stimulate creativity.

Any other "rational" reasons for choosing an X100s? (I know that I have to make up my own mind, but I'm curious to hear some other opinions).

TakePictures's gear list:TakePictures's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Fujifilm X100S Nikon D300 Apple Aperture
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon D300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow