So... I finally come to a decision to go with the OM-D... Is there any big hand users out there?

Started Mar 13, 2013 | Questions thread
idiotekniQues
Senior MemberPosts: 1,235
Like?
Re: So... I finally come to a decision to go with the OM-D... Is there any big hand users out there?
In reply to Randell Tober, Mar 13, 2013

well first off, all MFT glass is not inherently cheaper than dslr glass. for example to get the equivalent of a 24-70 f2.8 sharp lens on ff or 17-55f2.8 on APS-C - i'm talking high IQ not a standard kit zoom stuff, you are going to spend the same and/or more on a panasonic 12-35 for mft. there are some lenses that no you will not save money.

but yes, mft we have some great cheap lenses as well. no matter what they cost, you will be saving immensely on size and weight.

i am 5'10 but have bigger hands than average for my size. i got used to the OM-D without a grip and can handle it well but i prefer having the option of the JB Designs grip mentioned earlier. it's a great price and it does what i need it to do. and it is lighter than the official grip.

and, you can take it off. if i want to go light and nimble, i'll throw on the 14mm pancake, no grip and it really is no issue to use. if i'm going out to dinner and want to bring a camera, i'm not interested in bringing a camera bag. nor am i interested in having a camera with a regular sized mft lens even. but a pancake? goes in my jacket pocket, i put it on the table it just looks like a high end P&S. it just works from every angle.

ergonomically with a light lens like a pancake, the OM-D is fine for me. i like the grip even better, but the fact i don't need it makes it a greatĀ optionĀ to have to take off. it did take me some adjustment coming from a spacious dslr, but a main reason we go to MFT is because all that roomy comfort just made for a too obtrusive device, both in looks and weight and size.

while i would love a GH3 as a second body for some cases, it would not suit me for these casual outings either. it looks like a dslr. the OM-D with its size and styling is simply discreet and suitable for many more scenarios as an un-obtrusive piece of kit.

-- hide signature --

-------------------------------
www.pixelsquish.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow