MICRO Adjust a900 ?

Started Mar 7, 2013 | Questions thread
VirtualMirage
Senior MemberPosts: 2,233Gear list
Like?
Re: OFF = NO correction - suggestion to OP
In reply to A. M. Hughes, Mar 13, 2013

I'm glad you were able to resolve your issue.

Not sure if this will help in the future or not, but you might want to look into a software program called FocusTune by Michael Tapes Design.  They are the same ones that introduced the WhiBal card and the LensAlign targets to the camera community.

I have the LensAlign MkII that I use with my A77, and while it works great itself, it can still be time consuming and is only as accurate as your visual perception when reviewing the images.  The FocusTune software can be used with the LensAlign or a printed target.  All you do is take a handful or more JPEG shots at each MFA adjustment, maybe starting your first round increments of five (-20, -15, -10, etc.), then import them into the software.  The software will analyze each shot for sharpness and do a comparison to each image, then finally spits out a graph showing their sharpness values at each setting, marking the average sharpness and the sharpest shot.  From there you can focus on getting more accurate MFA adjusted shots instead of wasting your time at every single MFA value all at once.  It's pretty quick, easy to use, consistent, and very accurate so far.

He is currently selling it at an introductory offer.  If you are a LensAlign owner, you can get a discount.  Version 1.0 is out but he has been publicly testing version 2.0.  I have been using the beta 2.0 since the A77 wasn't supported in 1.0 and it runs fast and smooth.  I ran into one minor bug in how it was flagging the focus points, but that appears to be resolved in the release candidate version of 2.0.  The final release should be out real soon.

So far it has been a worthwhile investment.  If you have more than a few lenses, I would recommend checking it out.  Here is the link:

http://michaeltapesdesign.com/focustune.html

-- hide signature --

Paul

VirtualMirage's gear list:VirtualMirage's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A77 Sony a77 II Sony 50mm F1.4 Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX +23 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow