I'm an Atheist but..

Started Mar 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Brian D. Schneider
Forum ProPosts: 16,366
Like?
Re: I'm an Atheist but..
In reply to PhD4, Mar 13, 2013

PhD4 wrote:

Idiot, who all of a sudden has a problem with something she has collected for 40 years:

[Rosalyn Newdow] is a numismatist, whose purchases of coin sets from Defendant United States Mint date back at least forty years. Because of the “In God We Trust” verbiage, however, she has felt obligated to stop purchasing the coin sets, thus being deprived of the pleasure and the investment opportunity she would otherwise partake of.

Idiot, who all of a sudden has a problem with something he has collected for 60 years:

[Kenneth Bronstein] is a numismatist, whose purchases of coins from Defendant United States Mint date back over sixty years. Because of the “In God We Trust” verbiage, however, he has opted not to purchase some coins, thus being deprived of an investment opportunity as well as the enjoyment of the hobby.

Idiot, who pretends to be forced to read an entire bill, instead of just the value:

[Benjamin Dreidel] has personally been unwillingly forced to confront the “In God We Trust” verbiage whenever he gazes at the coins and currency bills he uses in general commerce in this judicial district.

Idiot, who uses real money to teach instead of diagrams... why? Shouldn't be teaching kids:

Plaintiff [Julie] Woodward is also a teacher who has, at times, taught the mathematics of coins and currency to elementary school children. With “In God We Trust” on each monetary instrument, she is personally placed in the uncomfortable position of being complicit in the teaching of what she believes is a religious statement to her students.

Idiot, for being a plaintiff in this case:

[Plaintiff Neil Graham] feels the “In God We Trust” language is so alienating that he has altered his behavior to use as little cash as possible.

Really? those are the best cases in that list of plaintiffs ??

What do they all have in common ?

I don't need my money to reaffirm my beliefs, I couldn't care less what my money says on it (as long as it's not in Arabic). So I understand those that wish it didn't say "In God We Trust".

The country was founded on that, and it, along with Freedom, is depicted (on the money that the gov't. owns). If they remove it, the only outcry will be laughter at them for caving to a bunch of crybabies.

These attempts at lawsuits have gone on for decades... the more influence the liberal mindset infects people... the more you see ludicrous lawsuits like this one.

Just stop using money, or at least stop staring at it.

And most of all... stop being so hypersensitive to everything you don't happen to agree with.

I'm pretty sure Obama's "stimulus" didn't include paying for a defense from these lawsuits.

But then again, I never would have guessed it included spending cash on a study of Quail's sex habits when on cocaine.

"Idiot, who all of a sudden has a problem with"

Looks like you understood my point. For once.

" a study of Quail's sex habits when on cocaine."

Are drug addicted quails a big problem in the US?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow