Monitors viewing comfort : CCFL backlighting versus LED backlighting ?

Started Mar 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
alpshiker
Regular MemberPosts: 263
Like?
Re:Eu vs USA Spectraview II software capability with PA271W/SV versions
In reply to BeachnCruz, Mar 13, 2013

BeachnCruz wrote:

Re:Eu vs USA Spectraview II software capability with PA271W versions ....

TFT Central stated ….

"The other thing I wanted to take a look at is the USA version of the SpectraView II software, available from NEC's US website. We tested this with the PA271W before and this software does allow hardware level calibration of both the regular and SV editions of the screen. The European SpectraView Profiler software can only carry out full hardware calibration when combined with the SV version of the screen, but the US SpectraView II software can work with either fine. This is an NEC in-house piece of software."

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/nec_spectraview_reference_271.htm

Jim

Thanks Jim,

Seems that I got mixed up with the flow of information I read last night ! … Right, then USA customers should be happy, as they are able to hardware calibrate any of the Nec PA and the Spectraview. Did I read somewhere that the European version of the calibration software (made by Datacolor) detects the serial number of the monitor, and the hardware option stays greyed accordingly? And if the NEC USA version of the software works in this way too, smuggling the US soft would be of no use. Anyway, since I'm on the unlucky side this time, I should better clarify this for myself before spending on the PA271W.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow