ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Anthony Clark
Forum MemberPosts: 66
Like?
Canon 5Dc and Sigma 35mm 1.4
Mar 13, 2013

Hi All,

I figure at least a few in this forum may be looking at the new Sigma and so wanted to share my impressions and a few photos. In preparing for a trip to Japan and China I was looking for a very simple kit and deliberated between a Fuji X100s and bringing my 5Dc with a fast prime. I had an X100s pre-ordered, but given I didn't think it would arrive in time, I picked up the Sigma 35mm 1.4 and was completely taken by it. The lens is absolutely as good as everyone says it is (at least as good as and likely better than the 35L in my opinion, for less money).

I've been traveling through Kyoto and Tokyo and am now in Beijing and have essentially used just the Sigma with amazing results. The color, sharpness, depth of field control, bokeh, AF speed, and build quality are all stellar. I've copied below a few samples from Japan in a range of locations (temple, train station, fish market).

C&C on the photos below welcome!

- Anthony

Intersection in Arashiyama

Arashiyama driveway

Floating lotus flower pods on approach to Tenryu-Ji

Early cherry blossoms on approach to Tenryu-Ji temple

Tokyo fish market octopus

Canon EOS 5D Fujifilm X100S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow