Forum ProPosts: 13,145Gear list
Like?
Re: NX300 Release Date
In reply to wictred, Mar 13, 2013

wictred wrote:

tecnoworld wrote:

I'm especially waiting for

just like last year and we'll probably see a similar post next year
I don't expect that Samsung have the vision or the enthusiasm to come up with a camera that can compete with the rest of the bunch ... they're always a step behind, and it takes way too long to catch up.

See, I don't see them as being a step behind.  I see them as a step to the side.  I started with NEX cameras and came to NX so my perspective might be different.  I watched when they released the NX10/100 but had the K-7 so wasn't thrilled to be looking at another camera with that same sensor.  I bought the NEX 3, and like the 5n, 5r, 6, 7, etc, but still can't stand their controls. I think the added mode dial might make them passable though, that was one of my largest hangups.  Quick, want to change to S mode, oh, wait, that is like 10 button presses and you are there!

that's fine for the Samsung users because the NX prices drop very quickly. For the NX system it's not so good ... without any outstanding product, there will be no recognition (just like with NX100,11,200,1000,20,..) and thus no support.

Same is true with Sony.  They are electronics companies.  With 1 year release cycles they kill the value of their old product.  Sony is holding value a bit better, but not great.  Fuji is even very bad about holding value.  I bought 8 month old XP1 for half of what it was new.

Eric

-- hide signature --

I never saw an ugly thing in my life: for let the form of an object
be what it may - light, shade, and perspective will always make it
beautiful. - John Constable (quote)
See my Blog at: http://www.erphotoreview.com/ (bi-weekly)
Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/28177041@N03/ (updated daily)

viking79's gear list:viking79's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Samsung NX30 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow