So... I finally come to a decision to go with the OM-D... Is there any big hand users out there?

Started Mar 13, 2013 | Questions thread
harvo
Regular MemberPosts: 235Gear list
Like?
Re: So... I finally come to a decision to go with the OM-D... Is there any big hand users out there?
In reply to JohnBGood, Mar 13, 2013

I medium to large hands. I have no problem with the E-M5 except for the following:

The |> and Fn1 buttons above the thumb support are too small. However I use my thumbnail to press them without much difficulty.

The one thing that drives me nuts is the on-off switch. The flange is too small and i wind up pressing the down button or just missing it entirely. That needs reworking. The solution there is to have auto turn off set for 4 hours. Then a half press of the shutter button brings the camera to life almost instantly so you only have to fool with the on off switch a few times a day. Buy spare batteries!

And the Mysets need redoing onto the Mode dial or better yet on the SCP!

I wrote Panasonic long ago and said I would not buy a camera without IBIS. That obviously didn't impress them much. The E-M5 IBIS is phenominal.

Harvo

harvo's gear list:harvo's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Rokinon 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fisheye CS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow