ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mick J
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Beginner Landscapes
Mar 13, 2013

Hi

I would like to pick the brains of anyone willing to help... No, I'm not a Zombie...

I have recently purchased a Sony Alpha A200 with, a couple of filters (UV, soft focus and ND 4) 2 lenses (Konica Minolta 35-70 f3.5-4.5 - f22, and a Konica Minolta AF 75-300 f4.5-5.6) for the sole purpose of getting to grips with a DSLR for the first time. I also have a book, called Sony Alpha A200 Digital Field Guide, that came with the purchase (£114 on eBay) but it may take a while before I can really sit down and have a good go at reading it. Also I'd like a bit hardware specific advice on the equipment I have.

So, what I'm trying to ask is...

I am going to a local area of interest in Newcastle upon Tyne, Jesmond Dene, which has an abundance of trees, a stream/babbling brook, and  a rather nice waterfall amongst other interesting features. Are these lenses any good for getting some decent shots off in that kind of environment, and is there anything I should be wary of as a beginner.

I do have a decent idea of the aperture and shutter speed settings and how to correct for certain light conditions, and have some notes to take out with me,... Yes it may take about 5-10 attempts, but it is all part of the learning curve.

But on the whole I am a complete novice.

Any help will be much appreciated, thanks

Mick

Sony Alpha DSLR-A200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow